When you are ready to hire the expert services of a Detroit property management company, it's important to find a team that has experience dealing with the scope of services that you require. There's a big difference between managing a single-family rental home in Detroit and a residential high-rise with multiple tenants.
To effectively manage single-family rental properties in Michigan, a good property management company will:
- Have knowledge of property values in the area where the home is located.
- Be able to recommend a monthly rent that is neither too high nor too low for the neighborhood and property in question.
- Have an established system for attracting and screening qualified tenants.
- Be located close enough to the property to be able to show it on short notice or stop by to check on it as needed.
- Have a well-established system for collecting rents.
- Have a wide network of reliable local contractors and service people to handle routine maintenance as well as emergency repairs.
This roughly defines the scope of needs for property owners of single-family rental homes. If, on the other hand, you're an investment owner of a Michigan high-rise rental property, you will have a need for services of greater depth and sophistication such as experienced maintenance engineers, complex accounting systems, and a courteous on-site management team experienced in successful tenant relations.
Learning the scope of the services offered by a property management company in Detroit is an excellent place to begin in your search for excellent management.